Really?... REALLY?!

Random rantings and commentings...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

timing is everything...

yesterday i met one of my friend Jami's best friends Lizzie... we're triplets separated at birth... hahah.... she shared an interesting quote with us... " It's Better to marry the right person at the wrong time than the wrong person at the right time..." i think i have to agree with that... too often I realize things after the fact... for example... my timing with being interested in someone is totally off... when they like me I'm so not down with it... when I finally come around they're over it... and it used to bother me... but it doesn't anymore... everything truly happens for a reason... lately I've been a total mopey whiner... and the other day when I finally decided to get over myself I realized I'm where I'm supposed to be... especially job wise... sure the up selling sucks sometimes but that's the only real way to keep a company going... but helping people... I love it... I love suggesting books to people that will help them...even if its to escape somewhere in a book... I've been trying to prepare to go through the temple... Its funny how when you decide to do something so meaningful and important Satan brings out the big guns to come after you... to stop you from turning to the Lord... he goes after the ghost of your sins and tries to haunt you with them... luckily this time around I'm armed too... I came upon this great little book called believing Christ. its by Stephen E Robinson. in it he talks about how people believe in Christ but they don't believe Christ...the atonement covers us all... it makes it so the we as uncelestial beings can become celestial...it cleans us up now....and for that I'm grateful!! in preparing for the temples i also found this sweet little gem of talks on CD but S. Michael Wilcox... i think its called house of glory... I'm on the second talk but the first talk was about symbolism... how in the temple there's a lot of symbolism... and the reason for that is that different things have different meanings for people at different times in their lives...we each interpret things differently and that brings sparks of insight to us... he used baptism as an example... to some its a rebirth, to others its a bath, and to others it a burial of one's sins.... and in truth its all three... ill keep you posted on the other things I learn...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home